Just a Stream of Thought...

| Posted in , , | Posted on 7:04 PM

Lee Langill
June 21, 2010







I’ve had some ups and downs in training lately. Not horribly up or horribly down though, so that’s good I guess. One nice thing was that I got to ride in Bike the Drive/Tour de Cure with other WILD women. Jennifer, Lorrie, Susie, Catherine and myself all met at the start.  It was great getting to meet them, and really nice being able to ride that distance with people. I was able to keep up with them for about the first 9 miles or so. I hadn’t ridden my bike that far yet (30 miles). And I passed a ton of people!

Another thing I’ve liked is pushing myself a little bit when running. I am really slow by most people’s standards, so to see my time improve (when I pushed) by a whole minute per mile was so motivating. I have my second 5K (ever) this weekend, so we’ll see how well I’ll do time-wise.

The swimming has been going well for the most part. I did realize though that I don’t know the difference between “fast” and “pushed” in the pool. In one workout we were supposed to go “fast” or at a “pushed” pace for pretty much the whole time. I ended up going too fast, pushing myself too much, and as a result I could only finish about half the workout. I was discouraged, and not looking forward to the next week’s swim.  Fortunately, however, I was able to “push” myself just enough that next week, and finished my swim with enough left in me to do the cool down.

Aside from all the benefits of training, I’ve also really liked the improved health I’m feeling. I am eating better – meaning making better choices on a consistent basis. I also think my blood sugars have been better for the last month at least. I’m curious to see what my A1C results will be the next time I have an appointment. I’ll be surprised if they don’t come down at least a little bit.

I’m bummed and a little jealous that a lot of Team WILD got to spend time together at camp a couple of weeks ago. Wish I could have been there too. Getting to meet all of you, and getting some up close and personal coaching would have been great. Maybe next year…..

Comments (0)